Wednesday 6 March 2013

Liver cooked Sophie's way

Ever since I was a little kid I have loved all food. I would try and eat anything, and that includes liver and all the other innards.
Most people think they are gross and don't want to be anywhere near them, but I love them.
So I had some liver in my fridge and decided to cook it without looking at a recipe, just making it up along the way. And so I came up with Liver a la Sophie. It's quite simple and might even exist already, but I like to believe it's my personal one.

So here is what you will need:

200 gr Chicken livers 
1/2 white onion
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons dry white wine
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
fresh mint leaves

Put some olive oil in a pan and let the onions cook until golden.
Then add the liver and let cook for a couple of minutes.
Add the butter, and as soon as it has melted add the wine.
Let cook until they loose that pink colour on the inside.
Add some mint leaves and the lemon juice towards the end.
Add some mint leaves for garnish if you want to make it look pretty!

My personal touch was the mint and the lemon, I don't think I've ever had it with those 2 ingredients before. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I make liver and onions all the time. I make it similar to yours and serve it with bacon. Next time I will add some mint leaves and lemon juice. Sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I hope you make this for us the next time you're home.

    ReplyDelete